Monday 4 August 2014

Day 216: A new working week dawns...

Day 216: ...and then...

Well, some days, the unexpected just happens. There were some, shall we say, 'mystical' colours to start the day. Grey clouds and dawn light, light showers and glistening raindrops. Not the sort of day I wanted to drive up the coast to my office but now that August has rolled around, I don't have much choice...really. 

The elements of light and colour always provide a challenge...I can never quite do justice via camera lens. I must work on that. 

Not quite grey, not quite dawn light

Running repairs while the sun shone

Just enough time though to dance between the raindrops because I know, dear reader, you are as enthralled by my raindrop pics as I am...(and I thank you for your patience...).

Such pink, much raindrops (a doge day)

Meanwhile, on the verge of 'out-the-door' time, tweepster friend and colleague Susan Hetherington (@snoozen) tweeted that the family dogs @Sir_Rumple and @FeddyFurFriend had absconded. Escaped. Run off. 

Since I live not too far away, I offered to help to find them. A rather hilly part of the Brisbane suburbs so much exercise was gained in wandering the streets, schmackos in-hand-in-pocket, whistling, calling, accosting anyone who walked by. Having been a dog owner, I could understand Susan's distress. And Rumple and Fed are such stars of the daily twitter feed, what was one to do under the circumstances?

We returned to the scene of the breakout about two hours after the event, to plan and plot the next step. Who should trot by the front gate just then? One @Sir_Rumple, apparently oblivious to all the commotion. That was one. Some relief from the kind neighbours also inveigled into the search and concern. One more to go. Five minutes later, there was @FeddyFurFriend, trying to get into the wrong front gate. He too, had that triumphant look of mischief about him and the whole 'trouble, what trouble, oh trouble, really?' look. All sorted, all relieved, all tweeted safe and sound. 
Home safe and, well, muddy
(Fiendish Fed obscuring Rumple)

Bonus points too for getting to meet Margaret, Susan's lovely neighbour who appears in Susan's #project365 from time-to-time. Every neighbourhood should have a Margaret. 

And yes, it was Susan who inspired me to start up the #project365 blog and from time to time we marvel at the occasional coincidences of our daily subjects...birds of a feather usually. Today, too, I suspect, there will be another coincidence of sorts...not one either of us planned, but a very good outcome all round. 

Some days just don't go as planned...

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 6.50am, 7.49am, 8.00am, 10.44am)