Thursday 7 August 2014

Day 219: Some days the sun...

Day 219: ...sets soon enough

I had to make a trip to the campus today. We have incredibly long timelines for some of our administrative tasks. It makes absolutely no pedagogical sense but that's not a top priority in the modern corporate university (in case you were wondering). Ah, it is a long drive...

Right now, the campus has a lot of these around, which look like weeds to me, perhaps billy-goat weed, but I like the colour. 


Car park invasives
 It also means a long drive home and without any late lectures at the moment, I wanted to make the effort to get back for another tai chi class by 6.30pm (yes, it has tipped over to obsession level, probably). That will result in a drive down the Bruce Highway at a time I'd rather not. I hit the northern outskirts of Brisbane at just the wrong time. It does mean a lot of stop-start traffic, a lot of stopping. 

There were some quite spectacular colours in the sky as I approached home, including the rear vision one which, technically, looks like a bit of an error...but really, it is not a mistake, merely an impression...


An impression of sunset
 And finally, that deep inky colour just before the very end of the day: with a touch of the Jeffrey Smarts about it. 


Day's end

Some days indeed. 

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 4.07pm, 5.46pm, 5.53pm]