Friday 8 August 2014

Day 220: Look, I might be wrong...

Day 220: ...but the bromeliad intrigued today

Today, you know, after yesterday...where I came away from the workplace just wishing other things could happen...well, I was determined to make today different. 

A few chores, medical checks etc and then on to stash the elkhorns I received from mum the other day. It is nice to get out into the garden for a bit. I went tidy up the bromeliads, one of my favourite little corners of the garden. I found a clump of those wispy seeds from somewhere....amazing how they collected there thought I. The photo looked interesting...

Seed cloud
But the real delight was watching them dance in the breeze. Oh, der! thought I...flick the switch to video! So I did. Here, dear reader, on psephyspix, is your second video.  If you listen closely, you can hear the loris in the background. 




Now, I may have captured some seeds just blowin' in the wind...but it is these little moments of delight one finds that suspends the rest of the rubbish, even for a moment. 

If I could just find out whether or not these are part of the bromeliad life cycle...tonight's homework.

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 8.03am (pic), 8.06am for 15secs (vid)]