Sunday 10 August 2014

Day 222.5 Yah, the moon...

Day 222.5: ...a super moon

Yes, dear reader, back in short time to complete a 0.5 post. We've done some Ekka pics, and yes, there was a hint of the moon on Day 222. And, dear reader, I thought I should spare you this month of yet more moon pics. And yet...

As I continued with other work, the 10.00pm news featured the moon and crossed to an expert who noted that yes, just at this moment, the moon was at its closest to the Earth, by some 50,000km more than normal.

So, not having yet packed away the camera, what was I to do dear reader. Out the back, tripod to hand, 300mm at the ready...I think I got one of the best pics of the moon I've done yet, with no editing (save a few mm cropping. I love the colour in the clouds, the clarity and sharpness of the moon. 



Moon : clouds : 1
 (no filters)
Usually one is compromised for the other...

I didn't stop at just one of course...


Moon : cloud : 2
(no filters)

Moon : cloud : 3
(no filters)

Yes, worth it. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 10.24-10.30pm]