Friday 15 August 2014

Day 226: New things...

Day 226: ...fresh things...

Some days, it takes a day to recover from the workplace. I wonder how we got to be this way. But a day working at home is always a day to be welcomed. The research, reading and thinking of the first half of the year is now being 'transformed' into writing and (hopefully) publishing things in the new year. The academic cycle can be a slow-burning one. 

The opportunity to work mostly from home this year has been a luxury (as I appreciated yet again after yesterday). Some days, I'm really glad for the opportunity to step out into the backyard. Brisbane's winter is a mild one but we've been noticing new blooms at odd times. 

Nonetheless, I do always feel a small sense of achievement when I see new growth on plants around the place. Seriously, dear reader, this is huge for me. Green thumbs are not a part of my physical make-up...

So it was a delight to see the new shoots here...



New shoots...

And the jasmine blossoms on the fence... 

New blooms.

The plant is grounded on my lovely neighbour's side but we share the blooms and the fragrance. It's just nice to see and share in the newness of it all. 

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 9.54am, 4.45pm]