Saturday 16 August 2014

Day 228: We've waited a while...

Day 228: ...finally, some wet, wet, wet

...though perhaps not enough rain in some places...

My loris always provide a pretty good indicator of just how wet the day ahead will be when they turn up on the verandah looking like something the cat dragged in...oh, wait, bad analogy; I don't have a cat and the loris are definitely alive. And, I would be very sad if they really did look like something the cat dragged in...

As you will know, dear reader, the loris make regular appearances on this blog...their colour is irresistible and terribly photogenic and I still marvel at the fact they are right at my back door. There were some I hadn't seen before (that one in the middle in particular, a bit of a burnished beak). 

A little damp

And via the miracle of this snapper actually thinking...we can add a little via video (check out 'who is da boss'): 






[Apologies to those who can't see the vids...seems they don't work on some mobile devices]




Not a bad start to the day which involved a first and final clarinet group rehearsal for our Powerhouse debut this Wednesday (have I mentioned that already?)...but cancelled plans for a trip to the Gold Coast for a tai chi workshop. Instead, just had to content myself with a few extra notes at our little local cafe...


...shop owner Gloria took this one of me serenading the raindrops on this wet wet wet day.



[Camera: Canon EOS 60D, 300mm (pic) 8.38am; iPhone 4S, (vid) 8.28am, pic 2.00pm]