Sunday 31 August 2014

Day 243: Busy bees...

Day 243: ...and neighbourly neighbourhood neighbours

I have the best neighbours. And I'm not just saying that because my neighbour joined twitter recently and now reads this blog. They were best neighbours even before twitter was around...

They've had a big weekend and so it was while chatting over the fence this morning that this fellow appeared looking, it has to be said, just a little more fearsome than usual. 

Sunday morning gruffness

I kept up the busybody approach from yesterday. I spotted the rich red of this geranium and then got a bit carried away following the progress of the insect which might be a bee but seemed much smaller than any I have seen recently. It was the size of a flying ant.

Rich red...


Busy bee-ish

Landed...

As neighbours, we share a fascination with the flora and fauna in our backyards, from the loris and the Baza, to the ways in which various plants seem to thrive (or not) in our not-terribly-plant friendly soil clay. The loris seem to keep raising the stakes with regular comparisons of the seed we have on offer. We currently have a minor difference of opinion over the possum(s) however, the ones that inhabit my yard couldn't possibly be the ones quite enjoying all the flowers and veges over the fence. 

Job done
Would they...would they? Hehe.

Another enjoyable concert today, at a retirement complex on the other side of town, one of the opportunities I really enjoy playing in the band. 

And a last gasp win by my football team...seriously team, that was hard to take at this end of the season. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 28-80mm, 10.47am, 10.48am; 11.01am, 11.05am]