Wednesday 3 September 2014

Day 246: I should get a day job...

Day 246: ...oh, wait...

Yesterday, dear reader, you will recall that I spent much of the time in the city devoting my 'leave time' to discussing ideas about civics education. Well, today, I was back in the civic heart of Brisbane, more an observer than participant this time but participating in a form of public discourse. 

Even when I'm on leave, it is hard to get away from my job of teaching and commenting on politics. Once a teacher...always a teacher, I guess. Today was a forum held by one of my other civic groups, the TJ Ryan Foundation, a policy think tank based here in Brisbane. 

Yesterday too, you will recall, I had potentially some extra time, so I took the big cam. Today, I knew I didn't have the same sort of time, but I did want to use the fruit phone specifically today, just for comparison. I read an interesting article the other day comparing the phone cam with a regular cam with some surprising results. 

Here for you today, dear reader, a form of comparison*. Fruit phone pics 'in the city'. 


The moon over George Street

Parliament House, approaching twilight

I have to say, I'm kind of surprised by the clarity in the pics, as snaps, especially the Parliament House one. I seem to be spending so much time there, I thought it warranted a record. 

*I know the pics on the blog vary between the phone cam and the big cam, and somewhere in the subconscious, I know there is a difference in technical detail...but still, it is interesting to go out with that specific aim in mind. 

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 5.49pm, 5.53pm]