Monday 8 September 2014

Day 250: Concert day...

Day 250: ...music for the decades

Sunday, concert day. That is, my orchestra ready for our regular Schonell Theatre concert. I probably shouldn't be here. Well, some might say, given my musical (in)ability I probably shouldn't be here at all...but it is in fact the latter part of a bit of a head cold that is making me have second thoughts. Very hard to blow those low, long notes with constricted lungs and nose blockages...you get the picture. 

But, as the pros say, the show must go on. And although I'm no pro, I shall do my bit. Mostly because I just enjoy it and mostly for the audience. They are truly lovely. 

Typically, we'll spend about 90 minutes in a soundcheck and then we are free for an hour or so. I generally opt for the famous bass clarinettist's lunch of ham and cheese toasted sandwich and milkshake. Today was milkshake as moon...

Chockers

Very full.

There are of course birds nearby...

Feather duster

...and I stumbled across this: 

Sustained

Sustainability eh? Just what a bass clarinet is required to do...those sustained notes. And so I did.

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 1.22pm, 1.21pm. 1.47pm]