Monday 8 September 2014

Day 251: A day in the Spiegeltent

Day 251: ...and into the evening...

Having missed much of the Writers' Festival through the worst of the head cold and having survived yesterday's concert, I decided I wasn't going to miss the ABC Radio day in the Spiegeltent at South Bank. Kelly Higgins-Devine, Melanie Tate, David Curnow and more. Why not, I am on leave after all and all that writing can wait another day or two. 

First time in the Spiegeltent for me although I have seen it from afar many times before. Of course, friend and tweepster Susan (@snoozen) was there with a better choice of lens so pics on her blog today are very excellent. I took a few. I was particularly taken by the interior: the way the ceiling changed over the course of the day for example...

Afternoon ceiling

Arts ceiling
Evening ceiling
(Yes, I notice these things)

Kelly Higgins-Devine is terrific to watch in action. It is a lesson just to sit and watch these live shows unfold. A marvellous range of guests over the Afternoon two hours, Melanie Tait's Arts program for Radio National and David Curnow back for Evenings. 



Kelly chats with Black Diggers star Tibian Wyles
(looking forward to seeing Black Diggers)

Musical interlude with mood lighting,
Luke Peacock from The Painted Ladies

Melanie Tait with Festival Director, Noel Staunton
(Bravo)

Brisbane theatre star,  Carol Burns
(a favourite of the stage)

Yana Alana aka Sarah Ward
(just might have to go to Tears before Bedtime)

Daniel Viles and David Curnow 


Ian Maurice and Li Cunxin

In between, I met some lovely listeners and I ventured into something called Exxopolis...you'll have to look at the next post for that, shall we say, experience...
Exxopolis...(no edits)









Thanks ABC Brisbane, a marvellously energising day...now, back to writing.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 1.25pm-8.22pm]