Friday 12 September 2014

Day 255: Coming up roses...

Day 255: ...to crumbs

No, not figuratively, literally. Actually quite literal today. Once the early sun burnt through the light fog, the light made the new leaves on the rose bushes somehow just stand out. 

Rose balls

Along with some dew. 

And as much as well-meaning people tell us to take time to smell the roses, I can't just yet. But given the colour of the leaves that won't be too far away. 


New leaves, brand new

And I thought this morning I'd put in a good word for 'crumbs'. Sometimes an expression to convey disappointment or worry. But, thanks to the quality of the light, the crumbs this morning just looked...

Crumbs, but not crummy

...pretty as a picture. 

See, I told you some days I'll photograph anything. 

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 6.47am, 6.50am, 7.12am]