Sunday 14 September 2014

Day 257: Azalea wonderland...

Day 257: ...and a pheasant coucal, maybe.

Apologies, dear reader, for more of the same today. But seriously, how could one not admire the sunlight on the azaleas? This has to be marked for two reasons: one, I've not seen so many azaleas bloom together in one go on this bush in its ten years in the garden; two, if you know about my garden expertise...well, let's just say I should stick to my day job. 

Azalea petals, petal

Into the azalea, 1

Into the azalea 2, (greyscale)

Into the centre....
I also delighted in the way the brown spots of a few days ago have now turned pink...so I thought I'd share a few more. They won't be here for very much longer after today either (relief for you, dear reader). 
To right of the azalea bush this morning, an unusual rustling in the bushes distracted the breakfast table and newspaper reading. Up popped...


Bubba coucal


...what we think might be a juvenile pheasant coucal...but it didn't stay around for too long. 

Then, later today, I joined my tai chi friends for a few sets and lunch at South Bank.

It's a lovely way to spend a lovely day. 







[Camera : iPhone 4S, 9.43-9.46am; 1.08pm; Coucal on the Canon EOS, 300mm, 7.44am]