Tuesday 16 September 2014

Day 259: Some days are for solitude...

Day 259: ...when the menacing clouds gather

But it all comes up roses, no, azaleas...but more of that later, dear patient reader. 

The kookas appear here and in the backyard quite regularly. Generally, I'm trying to get close-ups, or action or similar. But sometimes, they just land and make their own picture. Today as I went outside to commence my tai chi exercise, this kooka landed just so. And with the sun just reaching up over treetops, well it just looked a picture. I'd love to swap a moment in time, and just sit and think and enjoy the solitude. 

Sitting, in the old gum tree

Today, I further interrupted my long service leave to attend a work-related meeting. Seriously, there are times I think the education sector is kaput. Had it. Done. More reflections on that will appear on the other blog though...

Here, we look at the azaleas (still, they're still 'blooming')...

Enveloping

Or watch the developing storm to the south: the clouds, the colours, the light, the textures...

Storm clouds
In the end, the clouds gathered but after a couple of rumbles and a few spits of rain, they pretty well dissipated. It could almost make a good analogy for the meeting today. Almost. Not quite. No, not really...our public sector is in a parlous state.




[Camera ; iPhone 4S, 7.03am, 2.51pm,5.30pm]