Saturday 20 September 2014

Day 263: The sun sets...

Day 263: ...on a musical day

I haven't been down to play at the cafe for a couple of weeks. Two weeks ago, I was down with a bit of a cold. Not too bad, but hard to play a wind instrument with a sniffle. Last week I was asked not to play so as not to disturb the yoga class...so...

Today I headed down there in the late morning with the intention of playing for a couple of hours. Turned out to be a bit longer. 

Lots of lovely people call by and sit and enjoy the music. People are very kind. My lovely neighbour was one of them (along with BJ, the dog). I got to try some new music, people asked for their old favourites...it is all very nice and good opportunity to play the sax, since I don't get to play as often as I'd like. 

Sunset 20/9
All that meant that I didn't really get home until close to sundown. And didn't we see some intense colours as the sun departed until tomorrow. As the sun was setting, the noisy miners were out the back harassing... guess who. I managed to capture the kooka in take-off mode (in low light, hence the wing movement). It wasn't until I saw this pic that I was surprised at the apparent wingspan of a humble kooka: it looks quite big really. 

And kookas are go

Oh well, having seen the sun off, I'll catch it in the morning as it comes around again.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 5.41pm, 5.51pm]