Thursday 25 September 2014

Day 267: Out of place...

Day 267: ...but a new picture emerges

And then there's the feeling of always being watched. 

I have things to do, plenty of things. I shouldn't really spend a day at home just reading and writing. That wasn't the plan. I was going to read a bit, head to the city, update my technological life, sort travel details and maybe take in a bit more of the Brisbane Festival festivities. 

I read a bit. Quite a bit more than I planned in fact. Had another look at the Festival diary and added a few more pencil marks against some 'must-see' events. And in the end, didn't get much further than the back garden. Oh, well, that's leave I guess. 

The bougainvillea is blooming again and the flowers sometimes fall in the most interesting of places; just when I thought the elkhorn gained some unusual colour, up close and personal, it was just an out-of-place flower. Still, I liked the colour and contrast. 

Petal out of place
And poss. Never mind that possums are supposed to be nocturnal. Poss in her tree box observes all during the day as well as night. This pic is really just a technical experiment, I've been playing with the effect of different ISO ratings to get the right picture. 

Poss-in-box
1/400, f5.6, ISO800


Nothing quite in its right place or time, but trust the amateur photographer to make a picture out of nothing, really really nothing. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 2.29pm, 11.36am]