Monday 6 October 2014

Day 279: When the best laid plans go astray...

Day 279: ...just 'climb every mountain'

Today was a public holiday, the transplanted Labour Day holiday from May. Of course, when one is on leave, holidays don't really count; it is just another day to keep up the work. That is what I had planned. With a trip a week away, I planned to plan today: plan all those things one needs to do to finalise such trips. 

It was a bit like this fellow I came across on the clothesline first thing when I started with the washing...

Intrigued by its size and its effort to 'climb every mountain'
...how impressive. And then, I saw him/her. S/he who distracted my neighbour and I from all our good intentions (mostly) for the rest of the day. It is the second time this year (the last time was a public holiday too) so we were feeling very lucky.

Now, it turns out, I may have taken about 87 photos of K, as we came to know him (we believe it was him, his behaviour during the day seemed to suggest it). So you can imagine, dear reader, just how difficult it has been to whittle it down. 

I've tried my hardest, done my best and hopefully you get a sense of the wonder and awe we shared in this part of the world. He was a lot more active during the day than I expected; moved about quite a bit, grabbed some leaves from time to time, always looked at us just as much as we looked at him...right through until sunset.

Chillin'

Hold on...

Yo, dude, hangin'

Now who is playing games: Winky Bill (with apologies for the sun flare)

Time to choose from the menu

Perhaps that one...

Nah, prefer *that* one...

And so...

As the sun sets, until tomorrow (maybe)


Truly, unbelievably, wonderment and awe. We are so lucky. Now, back to work, tomorrow, if he's not there in the morning...

[Camera : iPhone 6, 8.54am; Canon EOS 60D 75-300mm; 10.03am-5.47pm]