Saturday 11 October 2014

Day 284: A little local touristy moment...

Day 284: ...never goes astray.

And I'm also interested in comparing Instagram pics...now that I'm there, thanks to Shelley and Alison and others...

A difficult day to start: last clarinet rehearsal for a month; or last playing sax at cafe day for a month? Had a play to go to in the afternoon, so had to choose. In the end, opted for the sax playing, just because. One of the songs on the list was in fact Moondance. Quite appropriate given the blood moon on Wednesday. Two pics: iPhone (left) and Instagrammed (right) ...














vs










Later in the day it was off to see the long-anticipated play, Black Diggers, stories of Aboriginal soldiers past and present. Handled superbly again by an excellent cast and crew. It is the stuff of drama, and why everyone should avail themselves of this marvellous talent. And know these stories.
Of course, play day is Dairy Queen day. No favoured Ginger Mac, but a variation: Hokey Pokey choc and honeycomb. (At least with the ginger and macadamia version I can claim some level of added nutrition.) South Bank, ice cream, wheel: tourist must-dos.












vs









A stroll across the Victoria Bridge late this arvo showed up one of my favourite Brisbane scenes from that angle, South Bank. Oh, and clouds. It was really about the clouds. It is such a joy to photograph your own city 'like a tourist'.








vs








Then late this afternoon, I trekked to a nearby park to explore the waterways down there. My neighbour introduced me to it and I can see there will be much pic potential there at various times to come. But it was the reproduction of this pic of the water dragon that got me thinking about the camera v instagram comparision. The lizard lost all sense of resolution which I think changed the nature of the photograph as such. How interesting, how instagramming. 










vs







Instagram has the added filter fun and each Insta has a filter...part of me feels like I'm on the slippery slope of losing photographic purity. But I'm going to have a heck of a lot of fun doing so...

Do you have a preference? 

[Camera : iPhone 6, 11.02am, 1.34pm, 4.20pm, 5.41pm]