Sunday 12 October 2014

Day 285: This fragrant life...

Day 285: ...and ageing gracefully

With final days of due preparations for the storm trip, there was much ado around the house. Many of those little jobs one needs to do, like meeting grant application deadlines  and such. Sigh. 

At one point during the day, inspired by Kate Foy's instagram of rose petals, I went to look at my roses (which I photographed at the height of their blooming as I am wont to do, as you will know dear reader), to see how far off I might be in photographing the fallen petals. (My art teacher always said my work was technically good, showing little imagination and rather derivative; she also taught us the word 'atmospheric' which I use a lot...funny how teachers' words stick.)

But I digress.

Anyway, there was a surprising rustic beauty about the roses today which I thought warranted a photo. No need to always go shiny and new after all...

Ageing gracefully

And later in the day, in direct contrast, the jasmine started to blossom and release its fragrance right on sunset...its fragrance is one of my favourite garden sensations. 


Fresh fragrant jasmine

So in the end, a little of the old, a little of the new and much work in between. Pretty good, for a Sunday, really. 

[Camera : iPhone 6, 12.30pm, 5.52pm]