Thursday 16 October 2014

Day 287: Day one of hard work...

Day 287: ...and food, much much food

The plane has landed. And into a perfectly clear day, after the storm. No complaints about the flight from me. It was a little fuller than I'd hoped but that can't be helped. 

Not Brisbane's wheel, through a window, speedily
This is a flight I take regularly and it is the last to leave Sydney and first to arrive in Tokyo. That also means a quick run through immigration and customs and then to ring (wake up) my Tokyo friends to let them know I've landed and the bus will be in town in 90 minutes. They always, despite my kindly protestations, come in to meet me. 

Tokyo commuters
Just a couple of pics on the way into Tokyo, one of the wheel of course (just to compare notes with the Brisbane one) and one of a scene along the way as the bus made its way along the freeway.

The new view from the lounge room;
last year it was a community garden...
I enjoy this run into Tokyo, I've spent so much time here, it is like a second home. Staying with my very good friends is a bonus. I've lots of work ahead but there will be good times too over the next few weeks...

Stay tuned.

[Camera : iPhone 6, 8.23am, 8.34am, 4.47pm]