Monday 20 October 2014

Day 293: A day in the archives...

Day 293: ...the work continues

Today was a bit of an adventure of sorts. One of my least favourite parts of Tokyo also houses some of its most significant historic buildings. The area is called Roppongi and is mostly known for being a favourite haunt of foreigners looking for a good time. As you can understand dear reader, not my sort of place at all. 

On the other hand, it is where I have to travel to do some work in the Diplomatic Archives, seeking out the corresponding materials to the Queensland government documents I was working on earlier in the year. It's back to 1893...

I spent much of the day just looking up possible materials. I head back tomorrow. There is much to consider. The day started with a lovely pastel-inspired sunrise and ended with the matching hues of Tokyo Tower. 


A Tokyo sunrise in the suburbs (no filter)

Tokyo Tower 1

Tokyo Tower 2

Poor Tokyo Tower, for many many years a tourist highlight now overtaken and left alone for its more popular sister tower, the Skytree over Asakusa way (don't despair dear reader, we plan a trip there soon). 

I'll keep an eye out for more of the history tomorrow...

[Camera : iPhone 6, 5.42am, 5.11pm, 5.14pm]