Friday 31 October 2014

Day 302: And so...

Day 302: ...my other work resumes

Research, by another name, is research. Sometimes, we get to do exciting things like travel across the country, take photos, talk to people, observe. 

Other times, it's time spent in libraries and archives. Sitting. For a long time. But it too is exciting in its own way. I was very keen to get back to the archives (as much as I enjoyed getting out to Taiji and Wakayama). I worked out today there are over 3500 pages of Japanese documents archived on the matters arising from Japanese migrants to Australia--nine folders. I've made it through five so far. I have four to go and really just one likely day left. 
Now I wasn't expecting to find you here, in 1900, in Japanese archival records...


Tokyo Tower had a different hue at the end of the day

Just about my favourite recent iPhone pic: no filter, just a shot on the road on the way home

It's been fascinating so far. I'm overwhelmed, and excited, by the detail. Great material for the Watanabe story. 

Will I make it to volume 9? Tomorrow only knows. 

[Camera : iPhone 6, 11.38am, 5.28pm, 7.20pm]