Monday 3 November 2014

Day 307: This assignment draws to a close...

Day 307: ...but the next visit is planned

If yesterday's post was about reflecting on the last thirty years, today's looks forward. With my return home imminent, I had one last formal meeting today at Ariake, a reconstructed area of Tokyo, I suppose you'd call it...out at Tokyo Bay and a key district for the 2020 Summer Olympics. 

So today was a meeting with one of my university's partner universities, Musashino University at the Ariake campus. It was a most interesting visit and part of the discussion was about my returning to the university next month to participate in an anniversary celebration symposium and judge a Japanese speech contest. Some days I am most appreciative of the opportunities provided by my job...

Ariake is a bit of a photographer's dream though. So many interesting buildings, on the edge of Tokyo Bay...what's not to like? I had other engagements to attend to today with just a couple of days left in town, but I think I'll be back with the big cam soon.

Take a look...

So much in this scene...the church, the reflection...the wheel

'Run this way'

I just liked the way these tiles over ran each other

The Wheel: one for Brisbane!

Interesting series of tiles I have to return to investigate

This building had a surreal, Jeffrey Smart feel about it (no filter)

A lovely contrast here too


It is work...but not as we know it.

[Camera : iPhone 6, 11.02am-2.18pm]