Tuesday 4 November 2014

Day 308: Last full day...

Day 308: ...for now

My work in Tokyo goes both fast and slow at the same time. Just when you think three weeks is short, it seems like a long time too, and then suddenly it is time to go home. And yet...


A litte sunlight, on the way to the Archives

I think I still have about 10,000 pages of documents to peruse in the archives. I went there today to try and get as much done as possible...five folders today, OK. I know where I'll be most of this coming December trip once my formal commitments are complete. 

It was a marvellously clear blue sky day in Tokyo today, just perfect for some more buildings and light and shade.


The many faces of Tokyo Tower...and Azabu Post Office


The Izumi Garden building o the way home from the Archives
And for a last day in the Archives for a little while...these two curious little discoveries: 


A note, from 1973, signed by leading Australia-Japan historian, David Sissons,
whose path I am following in this present research...


And the pedigree papers of a horse, born 1876, reported and filed c. 1880.
Haven't quite worked out why...

It's a great city, I'm lucky to have it virtually as a second home. One day I'll return just for the fun of it, rather than work...but then maybe the fun is in the work, who knows? 


Waiting for friends for diner, the almost full moon ...
on the street near where I used to live in Itabashi, c. 1984-5

See you back in Bris soon.

[Camera : iPhone 6,  11. 40am,