Friday 7 November 2014

Day 309: Home James...

Day 309: ...shortly

I always have mixed feelings about leaving Tokyo. I do like the place and feel fortunate that my job means regular visits. (*Not tax-payer-funded, I hasten to add...my workplace doesn't support my research in that way; I pay my own way.) 

The plane leaves Tokyo around 8.00pm so we have this ritual of doing something during the morning before heading out on the airport bus via a couple of hotels. This one of all these limousines lined up caught my eye on the way out today...

All in a row...


...right after the latest in daikon oroshi art was on morning TV...yep, people have the time to grate and finely slice, then colour the large white radishes for this kind of thing. Amazing. 

Seriously grated daikon
What will it be when next I return?

[Camera : iPhone 6, 3.32pm, 8.24am]