Thursday 20 November 2014

Day 324: Morning chorus...

Day 324: ...and soft light

I know a number of people who don't like the early rising. But then, I also know a lot of people who do like the first light. And we have quite a lovely time...

One of the things I like about early mornings is the light, just before sunrise, just as the sky lightens. And especially given the major downpour the night before, there was joy in the light, the raindrops, the frangipani (which survived the rain). 

Soft light and raindrops
The birds are out too and although I generally like a close-up, just occasionally the birds perch on the gum tree in such a way that the silhouette is kind of, how shall I say, archetypically bush-like in the suburbs. 

Dawn chorus

Then the kooka perched, in the old gum tree...and reminded us why we sing about him...

Merry merry king


A lovely start to the morning.

[Camera : iPhone 6, 6.09am; Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 6.57am, 8.27am]