Sunday 23 November 2014

Day 327: On a learning curve...

Day 327: ...having a bit of a butcher's...

If I recall my rhyming slang correctly, we get the idea of "having a butcher's" from a 'butcher's hook' which rhymes with 'look' or somesuch. Well, that will do for now, I'll google later. 

Today, the butcher birds had me gazing in wonder. You see, the bubs have left their nest and when they're not pestering mum and dad for food (which seems to go on and on), they've started to explore, to imitate, to learn. Certainly, there are signs they have already learnt the beautiful birdsong that draws me outside every time. 

There were, shall we say, some interesting moments...

Maaaa!!!
Yaaar??


Peek-a-boo

Haha.

Oh...ma...

Food!...maybe

Erm, smokin'?
I couldn't help but chuckle at their antics but aware that trying out is an important part of learning. But then, I probably would say that. 


[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 1.18pm-1.21pm, 3.23pm, 3.25pm]