Thursday 27 November 2014

Day 329: "I may look like an ugly duckling..."

Day 329: "...but one day..."

Tuesday. Tai chi day. Down the Coast in the quest to continue to support and encourage family members in the fine art of tai chi. 

On the way home, I detoured through that European homewares place famous for flatpacks, Swedish meatballs and the floorplan from which you can't emerge in less than 72 minutes, even when you know what you want. 

That's why this post is late. I've just arrived home...

Not really. But I do now have flatpacks in the garage which will, I understand, eventually become the start of beautiful bookshelves to transform my study into a room of bookish richness and warmth. Like that ugly duckling of folklore became a beautiful swan. Or somesuch. 

Not unlike the buds on this jasmine plant. After a long dormant period, the buds are emerging. At the moment, they look a little like the plants from outer space. 

Ready, set...

But soon, they will be glorious, fragrant flowers. Soon. Like my flatpacks will be bookshelves. Soon. 

Bonus desert rose, for the light and shade
Eventually. 

[Camera : iPhone 6, 8.57am, 8.58am]