Sunday 30 November 2014

Day 334: The web of life...

Day 334: ...and a moon half full

And there is another trip to prepare. Today was a trip to the city to buy specially requested Christmas foods for dear friends. Cake, nuts, etc etc. I also wandered in with a good friend so we did further shopping. Nothing in the way of what we particularly wanted but found things nonetheless. 

I came across another web (and spider) in the garden this morning. These ones I don't mind, and I am forever intrigued by the architecture of webs. Endlessly fascinating. 

The webs we weave
We've got a half moon at the moment too which is just as photogenic as the full moon. This one in the late afternoon (despite the darkish sky) allowed a clear view of the craters. (Note to self: I must find out why a blue sky looks black in these shots...)

Craters

My vigoro kit
The nation continues to mourn for the loss of cricketer Phillip Hughes. A twitter tag #putoutyourbats has gone viral. Today would have been his 26th birthday. So sad. My tribute. 

Life. A web. It never ceases to amaze.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 10.20am, 6.41pm; iPhone 6, 10.48am]