Wednesday 3 December 2014

Day 337: The red and the green...

Day 337: ...capturing the light

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas: carols and Christmas songs on the radio, tinsel on the car park gates (really, thank you State Library), all the lights on all the houses...the red and the green. 

Photography is about capturing the light and dark, particularly back in the day when I picked up my first camera. It was all about learning to capture light in all its shades on a piece of film, putting it through a chemical process and finding the result on a piece of paper. 

It is quite a bit different today with digital cameras of course. It took me a while to make the switch but, as they say in the classics, I'm so glad I did. I enjoy it. 

A combination of these thoughts caught my eye this morning. I enjoy my roses. I do nothing but prune them occasionally and after a heavy rain, I can always anticipate some lovely blooms. The new leaves are always a striking red against the green of the older leaves...the red, the green, Rabbitohs and Christmas. The sunlight. 

Leaves and sunbeams

Anticipation

A perfect combination. 

[Camera : iPhone 6, 6.11am, 6.12am (yes, really)]