Sunday 7 December 2014

Day 341: A curiosity...

Day 341: ...and some familiarity

Sunday, usually washing day but the early clouds suggested maybe not. I was also going to go to the Coast to visit but mum suggested the rain was set in for a while. So I didn't go but did the washing...

...which had the effect of clearing the clouds and encouraging me to mow the lawn...so I did that. 

Along the way, I found this dislodged bird's nest. I was fascinated by the construction of course, but also the interior/exterior decoration. Quite some thought has gone into this...


A touch of blue

Construction
And nearby, while the washing was in the machine, I noted the frangipani were again looking stunning with their colour and raindrops. And you know what that means dear reader...


raindrops on petals 1

raindrops on petals 2

raindrops on petals 3


Yes, more Georgia inspired shots of raindrops and petals. 

At the end of the day, we saw a film on the green at QPAC. Kano was the name of the film, about a high school baseball team from Japanese-Occupied Taiwan in 1931, that made it to Koshien, the greatest summer baseball competition of all. Fascinating, on several levels. 

[Camera : iPhone 6, 9.05-9.06am and 9.07-9.08am]