Sunday 21 December 2014

Day 349: And it's off to...

Day 349: ...Wakayama, in search of...

The third reason I'm back here (the other two being the election and the symposium) is to head south again to Wakayama to present some research findings and do some further research on 19th century migration in Queensland (more in the other blogs soon). 

Election over, no rest; off on the train to catch a train, as it were. Leaving early to get to Tokyo station to travel to Wakayama on the shinkansen, the bullet train, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary. I usually travel with friends but this time I'm on my own...but with time to look around Tokyo station. 

Look who I found there...

Well, welcome to Tokyo Station
Tokyo Station celebrates its 100th Anniversary in a few days, 20 December. It hasn't changed much on that time, from this angle...

Blue sky Tokyo
Just southwards of Tokyo, I spotted the first snow of the season in these parts...



Near Shizuoka 1

Near Shizuoka 2.
Not what I was expecting. I wonder what Wakayama will have in store for us weather-wise (it was already rather cold last October. 

[Camera : iPhone 6, 9.20am, 9.21am, 12.05pm]