Sunday 21 December 2014

Day 352.5: Mt Fuji...

Day 352.5: ...some views.

Mt Fuji is a bit of a favourite. It has a lot of significance in Japan too. I have climbed to its summit once (to climb it once is wise; to climb it twice, in the words of a Japanese proverb, is to be a fool). It is the subject of all sorts of artistic expressions.

It is rare to see it from the shinkansen. Either one is seated on the wrong side of the train or it is dark, or overcast, or too smoggy, or... In other words, I usually miss it. Today I didn't expect to see it because of the weather. But today I was sitting on the right side, in seat E, a whole window to myself...typical, I thought. 

But then the weather cleared, and it appeared in the distance and so...


Train passengers started to get excited...

Even this view would have sufficed...
 And then...

Here it is.

Or this view

All lines lead to....

So many angles

And then it was gone, almost

Until I looked around one last time...

[Camera : iPhone 6*, 2.39pm-3.21pm]
*It's moments like these one wants the big cam of course...