Thursday 1 January 2015

Day 1 2015: And, we're off...

Day 1: ...on another year long adventure

Yes, here we are, ready to go again for another round. If I had any doubts as I rounded out the the year yesterday, I might have managed to convince myself to continue in what I wrote. That is, the idea that each day I have to take myself out of my ordinary everyday and record something that warrants noting and deserves acknowledgment convinced me to continue. Well, that and the fact that today in Japan is oshogatsu which means a superb spread of food just made for photographing, and commenting, and eating...


oshogatsu 1

oshogatsu 2
I'll also be returning to my workplace so I'll need good reason to wander around the campus for just a few minutes each day to catch an interesting pose or two. And my friend here in Tokyo, Jinko-san says she looks forward to the pics each day, especially the birds in the backyard...


Birds in the Itabashi garden 1


Birds in the Itabashi garden 2
Although I think she means the birds in my backyard, not hers...

So with all that incentive and the fact my friend Susan is going for round 4 of #project365  we're off and running. The reasons against the idea just didn't seem to stack up. There'll be another trip to Japan, and my annual political science conference in Chicago, there will be one or two interstate trips to conferences and meetings, and work. As for the rest...well that will be in the daily revealing.

So thanks again for joining me on the project. Who knows what we'll find (and that's really why I'm doing it). Cheers and a happy and safe new year. 

あけましておめでとうございます。今年もよろしくお願いします。
*It snowed today here in Tokyo, very briefly, not enough to photograph. There was also a short earthquake last night, very short, but it happened.


[Camera : iPhone 6, 9.53am; Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 10.01am, 3.34pm, 3.36pm]