Sunday 11 January 2015

Day 11 2015: The butterflies...

Day 11: ...are back

They've not been seen for a while. Our butterflies. Across our neighbourly boundaries, my neighbours and I have been planting butterfly-friendly plants for some years now. Once there were many, now they are few. 

Until recently. 

The duranta erecta today was host to a number of butterflies. That gave me good reason to get out the big lens, flick the switch to continuous shutter and wait and see...

Butterfly I

Butterfly II

Butterfly movement I

Butterfly Movement II

Butterfly Movement III

Butterfly : Purple

Continuous shutter helps with the fidgety movement of the butterflies, who never stay still for quite long enough. I tried a few pics though and before you know it, there were 45 pics snapped in the space of three minutes. 

Such fun and so pleased to see them back. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 100-300mm, 12.50pm-12.53pm]