Thursday 15 January 2015

Day 15 2015: With a quack quack here...

Day 15: ...a quack quack there

Well, it was a warm day today. Humid really. One of those particularly humid days Brisbane does extremely well. It was probably not the day to get out in the garden to do garden things but I made an effort. By the time I finished sorting (not quite yet planting) the bromeliads and mowing down the long grass, it was about time to head back indoors. 

Towards the end of the day, before I went to my tai chi class I thought I should spend a bit of time down looking at our local pond. My neighbour saw a koala down there yesterday and I've always intended to get back down there with the camera. 

It needs a bit of a tidy up, the grass is rather long but that provided an interesting angle today. 

Featherweight

Dinner break

Seedlings
The duckling family is growing up but they haven't quite broken their sibling bonds. They provided some interesting entertainment this afternoon, particularly as they all grabbed at the grass seeds then took their turn at jumping off the bank into the pond. 

I can see this might be a pleasant place to play with light and shade, and ducks.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 100-300mm, 6.24pm, 6.27pm, 6.29pm--yes, I was late for tai chi, by just a bit...]