Friday 16 January 2015

Day 16 2015: The other first principles..

Day 16: ...urban spaces

The summer weather continues. High temps, thick humidity. I planted some more bromeliads today before the weather won out but also I had an engagement in the city to attend too. 

In the thick of the election campaign here in Queensland, I went to a function held by the TJ Ryan Foundation, a public policy think tank. It hosted the launch of a comprehensive paper on the state of politics in Queensland and we also hosted the Leader of the Opposition, Annastacia Palaszczuk and the Shadow Treasurer, Curtis Pitt. The thick of politics, just where I like to be (my twitter handle isn't psephy for nothing you know...). 

So the bromeliads (and a rose) provided the usual first principles of the photo-a-day blog...

Into the centre

Rosy


...just some close-ups. 

But being in the city provided me with the opportunity to capture my other photographic interest: the urban landscape. I've enjoyed taking urban pics since my early camera-learning days at high school and ever since. There's something about 'the city', wherever you are.

This afternoon while waiting for the bus there was a moment...

No-one

...this one. In the busiest bus stop in the city, not a soul. or so it seemed. 

A moment. To be noted. It's why we do #project365. 

[Camera : Canon A490 (the little Canon) 3.54pm, 3.59pm; iPhone 6, 2.37pm]