Sunday 18 January 2015

Day 18 2015: Pineapple ice...

Day 18: ...Queensland summer

I know it is wrong to complain. And I'm not complaining. But it is hot. Humid. But it is Queensland. Summer. So...as we say in Japan, shoganai...it can't be helped. It's a handy little phrase. 

I spent part of the day easing back into work, reading, preparing, applying for further studies (yes, just ignore that last one). There was also a political commentary to complete once the Palmer United Party held its launch...ah, work is back. Or, I'm back to work...whichever comes first.

One pic kind of summed up today though, pineapple ice from ice trays recenlty received. I can see these will have much potential and not just as water-based ice. I'm imagining lime juice cordial-ice, pineapple juice-ice, green tea-ice, coffee-ice, etc. I think you get the creative picture here. 

Pineapple ice

As I went about my Sunday chores, I came across a moth, overwhelmed I expect from the heat but with a wing pattern worth preserving I thought. 

Looking at you: moth patterns

Just so. 

And towards the end of the day, the bromeliads were all finally placed in their rightful spots in the garden. A little bit of everything in today's activity. A little bit.

[Camera : iPhone 6, 2.08pm; Canon A490, 1.55pm]