Monday 19 January 2015

Day 19 2015: #theBruce...

Day 19: ...a reacquaintance

Tweepsters I know will recognise the hashtag #theBruce. It's been a while. Indeed, last time I used it with monotonous regularity was 2013 and with some luck and good judgement, that was hopefully going to be the end.

Well, it's back. And it will be back with the monotonous regularity of other years. The academic year has recommenced and so my trips up and down the Bruce Highway. I've also realised it will limit pic opportunities because ... well, because I spend much time in my office and I don't get out enough. 

A stroll towards the car park at 5.00ish and out came the camera to take a pic of...

Water coursing

...is it a tributary? A storm water drain? A bit of run-off? 

I'm not sure, I don't recall seeing this bit of water here previously. Perhaps it has been put here as a new flood control strategy. Anyway, it gave me something different to notice after a day of reacquaintance of campus after six weeks absence. 

And it looked like the swamp hens were aiming to acquaint themselves with the new water course too. 

[Camera : iPhone 6, 5.00pm]