Tuesday 20 January 2015

Day 20 2015: Welcome rain...

Day 20: ...cool change (just not here)

It is probably fair to say that a review of my pics would reveal a) lots of flowers, b) lots of raindrops on i) leaves and ii) petals. That means, dear reader, that you get to see a lot of raindrops and a lot of flowers, often combined and usually in varying degrees of close-up and cropping. I know what you are thinking dear reader...'I don't get out often'. Indeed. 

I have no particular reason other than I like the effect of raindrops on plants. We had some much needed rain last night which resulted in a pleasant change after several days of hot weather (and 10mm in the newly-placed rain gauge!). So today's pics centred on the rain/flowers phenomenon but just to add interest dear reader, I had two cameras out there today: the baby Canon and the fruit phone. 

Here's a little quiz: 

A rose by any other name...

...looks the same on any camera. But which camera? 

Exhibit A:



Exhibit B:


A frangipani by any other name is a plumeria (I reckon Shakespeare would've said...):

Exhibit C:



Exhibit D:




Bonus frangipani...just because...




Besides, I reckon my garden has to be a lot more interesting than my workplace, for the most part. 

[Cameras: iPhone 6, 6.08am, 6.09am; Canon A490, 6.06am, 6.07am]

Answers: 
Exhibit A: Canon A490
Exhibit B: iPhone 6
Exhibit C: Canon A490
Exhibit D: iPhone 6
Exhibit E: Canon A490