Wednesday 21 January 2015

Day 21 2015: A wreck...

Day 21: ...and being back at work

Last year, before I took long service leave and when I was still travelling up and down #theBruce to work each day, I made a concerted effort to detour the 15 minutes from campus to go to the beach--either early in the morning or late in the afternoon. Very restorative. 

I decided to do that again today, hopefully in the hope that I will continue to do so. I took the proper cam. I've never got around to photographing the remnants of the Dicky, a shipwreck from 1893. I read recently it was going to be removed. I had visions of capturing it in the colours of the setting sun. 

Let's face it. I had visions of it being much larger than it actually is nowadays. Nonetheless, I thought it opportune to practice slo-mo water shots, or different focal length, shutter speeds, ISO...and so on and so forth. 

Before I knew it, there were about 150 pics...oh my. 

A small selection: 

First view

No, not the wreck

Perspective

Ghostly waves

More playing with waves

Ploughing through the ocean (ok, not really, but *effects*)

Washed up

The old and the new

Close-up


I'll have to head back again, and again. It will help with the work day. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 100-300mm, 5.42pm-6.59pm]