Friday 23 January 2015

Day 23 2015: When the rain leaves us in the lurch...

Day 23: ...it means loris on the perch

Yes, dear reader, the other day it was the heat. The humidity. Yesterday it was all about the rain. And today? It is all about even more rain. (Over 110mm in the eleven hours since 6.00am in fact, #newraingauge.)

I was pleased I didn't have to head out today but rather work at home, examining a thesis, writing a book review, responding to emails and preparing a research application. Yes, an academic's 'day off'...

Of course, on such a wet day, too wet to go out and take pics of raindrops on rose petals (yes, I hear your sigh of relief dear reader), the pics come to me. Namely, the lorikeets. And the usual pair. 

So really, less from me and more from them...

"I think we have to do that pose thing again"

My preferred side...

My slightly...darker side

And then...gone


It is one of the pleasures of working at home in the rain. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 100-300mm, 10.04a, 3.13pm, 3.16pm, 3.22pm]