Sunday 25 January 2015

Day 25 2015: Time out...

Day 25: ...tide out

Or perhaps time to have a good hard look at oneself. Well, not me, but perhaps the birds along the foreshore at Manly this afternoon. After a long day at the computer and a few tense moments, not to mention a rather warm day, I decided the best thing a wannabe snapper could do was pack the camera kit and head east...

...east to Manly, Wynnum, Welly Point...all part of the greater Moreton Bay area with fresh breezes and lots to photograph. Yes, I know dear reader, we've been here before but I consider this my extended backyard. And really, do you want to see *more* flowers...?

And today, it was a case of a heron, a curlew and a pied oystercatcher or two walk onto a sandbar, or a mudflat...and well, you know the rest, or you can make it up, like I do. Time to let the pics speak for themselves.

The elegance of the heron...

...which kind of knew it.

Perhaps admiring itself...

But actually, got something

The Pied Oystercatchers took flight

The curlew and the oystercatcher went to sea...

Sometimes the horizon

Tide out....

Snapper as shadow
It is a marvellous space and even nicer for seeing families, friends and many others out walking, jogging (ugh, I know, in this weather...), walking dogs and just a few or four, like me, snapping away. Lovely arvo. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 100-300mm, 4.33pm-6.05pm]