Sunday 4 January 2015

Day 4.5 2015: On a clear day you can see...

Day 4.5: ...a glimpse of Mt Fuji to the west, the full moon to the east

Apologies in advance dear reader. Not only have I failed in the previous post to limit the pix this year, it is only day four and here we are with our first .5 day...oh dear. 

But having felt more than satisfied with my Nihonbashi excursion this afternoon, on the walk home from the station, I thought I glimpsed Mt Fuji to the west, with the sun setting over its peak. We had only been talking about this yesterday in fact after I'd been out and about. Jinko had said that sometimes we can see it from the higher parts of the suburb.

Well, I did and after a bit of a chase around for the best vantage point (I found two), it was quite a sight, worthy of its own post. It gave me a chance to get another view of the full moon tonight too, which was just appearing as the sun was setting over Mt Fuji. Seemed like a fitting end to the day and pretty much this trip.


Just to show, it really is just a glimpse...

With a bit, ok a fair bit, of cropping

From yesterday's park ridge, quite possibly what that fellow* in the pic was watching
(*You didn't see him...go back and have a look...)

To the east, the moon

...rolling over the rooftops
There's only been a couple of times I've regretted not having the 300mm to hand...today was one of them.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 4.47-4.55pm; 5.01-5.02pm]