Wednesday 7 January 2015

Day 6 2015: Home again, home again...

Day 6: ...to the garden

It was nice to get home, eventually, after a long flight, long wait in Sydney for the connecting flight and then taxi. But home. 

Much to do of course. I have two weeks of recreation leave due before I go back to work. I want to:

  • spend time in the garden
  • oil the back deck
  • read frivolously
  • drink coffee
  • walk and do tai chi and learn the taiko (Japanese drum)...

I have to: 

  • do election commentary
  • examine a PhD thesis
  • edit an article
  • draft a conference paper 
  • sort all my research materials
  • reshelve all my books
  • edit a book manuscript
  • write a book review...


Oh well, there's always my garden to go out and inspect and savour. The flowers today were their sunny best. 

The frangipanis

The duranta erecta and sun

The duranta erecta and dark

Hopefully, I'll have time to smell the frangipanis...

[Camera : iPhone 6, 4.03pm, 4.04pm 4.05pm]