Thursday 8 January 2015

Day 8 2015: Breakfast meetings...

Day 8: ...I should have ordered the mushrooms...

...just a bit late. 

I'm trying to play the game 'academic on holidays'. It's a funny game. Most people who try to play it usually fail. I'm very bad at the game. Friends keep reminding me, I need to learn to say no.

Well, today I decided to roll the dice, pass go and go directly to jail around the board. I agreed (without hesitation) to catch up with some friends for a breakfast in town. And it was very nice.

The cafe has one of those menus that you start at the top and say 'yes, I could have one of those' to every item on the list. I had to make a decision quickly, without equivocation...I went straight for eggs, speck (new to me) and sourdough...done. And I scored the surplus coffee. 

Friends ordered similarly, but remembered the side of mushrooms. Darn. I should have too. 

The fairies at the top of the front garden chose to remind me of my poor decision-making (just like managers at work...). As I walked down the garden path, there were wild mushrooms. I took photos, of course. (I didn't eat them.) 

Cap...

...on the edge.

Next time, I shall order the mushrooms. 

[Camera : iPhone 6, 11.47am]