Wednesday 4 February 2015

Day 35 2015: Breaking wave...

Day 35: ...hidden moon

OK,  not quite hidden per se, but just a little shy. It is full moon time again dear reader. And you know what that means: Shelley Lloyd and I flood our SocMed pages with our lunar-tic pics. Today was a day at the office on the SunCoast and so, with a little planning, and a little thought, I figured I could leave work in time to get to the beach in time for the moonrise...

Camera: check
Tripod: check
Moon charts: check (moonrise: 6.38pm)
Clouds: forgot...

Yes, dear reader, all that planning and what happens at 6.38pm off Moffat Beach? Clouds. Clouds on the horizon...but a little break, a slither, a gap just above the horizon line and the clouds of a higher order. 

Chance: well, fingers crossed. So, while I was waiting, I harked back to my early photography days: surfing. 

Waiting for the set

Making the most of it

Ride it

Hanging it

White water

It is one of the reasons I took up photography at school after having so much fun with a little kodak instamatic at the Stubbies Classic at Burleigh Heads back in the late 1970s. Richards, Bartholomew, Drouyn, Horan. Yep, followed them all. Probably have a few faded pic stashed somewhere, truth be known.

And then, as the surfers came to the beach, I waited a little more. 

Moffat Headland, a lone pine
And then, for just a brief moment, through that gap in the clouds...

Above the clouds

Ship in the twilight

Yes, it was worth it. Then it was off for fish and chips, as you do; as one must. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 100-300mm, 6.29pm-7.00pm]