Wednesday 11 February 2015

Day 42 2015: A beach in low light...

Day 42: ...is still a beach (thankfully)

Yes, work. Yes, all day in office. Yes, I miraculously had my big camera on me today. Does that suggest to you dear reader that in fact I *planned* to head home via the beach today? Does it suggest to you dear reader that I *might* have been envious of inspired by my project365 co-conspirator @snoozen's few days at the beach recently. 

Well yes, all of the above really. I wasn't expecting a repeat of last week's excellent conditions: surf, surfers, high tide and full moon rising. But I thought what the heck, classes start soon and my chances will be limited thereafter. Besides, best hot chips are found here and it was a hot chip kind of evening. 

Actually, the weather was pretty bad--windy, rain, cloudy, low tide, darker skies. So it made for a different exercise in the photographic art of light and shade.

Oh, except for the blur from the feathered friend this morning--sometimes a mistake can make a picture...

High tailing it out

Beachcombing snapper's selfie remnants

People--scaped

Small breaker

Moffat Rocks

reflection : clouded

Rocked : Moffat

I think I'm just going to have make this a habit. I still have sand between ma toes. But I forgot to pic the chips. Trust me, they were worth it. 

[Camera: Canon EOS 60D, 100-300mm, 7.08am; 25-80mm, 6.40pm-6.52pm, ISO 800]