Saturday 14 February 2015

Day 45 2015: Brisbane! When you busk...

Day 45: ...the world busks with you

****Spoiler alert: many, many pics today****

Today was definitely a day to be a tourist in my own town. You will recall, dear reader, I do the odd spot of 'busking' at my local cafe and I play in a band or two. Music is, as it were, a bit of a hobby. There's nothing I love more than to be able to combine two of my greatest joys: music and pix. Today in the South Bank cultural precinct there was a whole festival of music, street theatre, bands, solo acts, music, music, music. The joy was infectious. 

The object of the day was to gather busking acts together at 6.00pm to go for a world record of busking. I believe they did it. Along the way, the whole of South Bank was alive to all the fun. Here are a few pics and apologies for not getting the names of all of the acts but there are some future stars among this lot. 

Oh yes, it had something to do with some saint's day today

The Ceilidh Clan, fab

The first of many uke groups warming up

Sky bubbles

Drums of Basque Australis
Focussed beat

They call themselves BUMS...

...Brisbane Ukelele Musicians Society

I'll always go the tenor...

Even a cornet

The Sousaphone wins every time

Team Uke

More ukers

Young fellow, first name Lennon, has a big future ahead

Remember this day

Looks easy huh...

But actually...no, I don't know how they do it either

Who doesn't love a Chap...

...and Chapess

The Eagles, 'Takin' it Easy' on the ukelele...seriously. 


I believe they broke the record around 7.00pm. Just the best day. Bravo to all who participated in the very best spirit. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 75-300mm, 4.34pm-6.04pm]