Tuesday 17 February 2015

Day 48 2015: A pattern emerges...

Day 48: ...the birds are restless

Yes, dear reader, you see the pattern beginning to emerge don't you. Last year, endless pictures of things in my backyard as I didn't move very far from my study as I worked and worked on Hannah Arendt, et al. OK, that is a slight exaggeration regarding the variety of photos, but what's the point of a personal photo-focussed blog, if not for exaggeration (although filters and photoshop are banned). 

Anyway, again today, it wasn't until I was heading back to the car this afternoon that I got to snap a pic. Actually, 'tis the season for the pix to be snapping me. The campus birds have hatchlings, everywhere. Yesterday, it was the ducks with their ducklings...a lovely family pic I was poised to take until protective parent duck A charged at the hapless snapper.

Today, I did my best to get the flock of moorhens, in an off-guard moment, with the new baby moorhens. True, it really requires the telephoto lens but...maybe tomorrow.

Protecting the bub

Actually, tomorrow, being Wednesday, I'm aiming for the afternoon beach again on the way home. Let's see. 

[Camera : iPhone 6, 5.01pm]