Thursday 19 February 2015

Day 50 2015: A milestone...

Day 50: ...of sorts

Yes, day 50. A nice round number. A number that says if I've come this far, I'll keep going this year. What it says about you dear reader, however, having come this far...well, I for one, am most grateful.

There was another milestone of sorts today. For the past twelve months I've been involved with a policy think tank the TJ Ryan Foundation, a group concerned with ensuring good governance and policy development in Queensland. Today was the first anniversary gathering. It as been a privilege to be involved.

The meeting was in the city which meant an opportunity to take a different walk home, well to the bus stop to catch the bus home. And since I was so close to the Gardens, I thought a walk through there, specifically to capture the river and the Story Bridge given we have a cyclone bearing down on the coast. 


Rain a'loomin'
And there were other things as well, but the rain started coming down and I erred on the side of caution and put the cam away. I hovered in a bookshop for a while. 


Platypus a'chillin'
Time to buckle down for the cyclone, with some good books. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 3.40pm-3.42pm]